Subject: Re: [Leica] what lens?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:22:06 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:
><Snip>  My wife is writing a story for Geo and we had Chris
> Sattlberger from London in tow to take the pictures. He had a N.... over
> each shoulder, a huge telephoto lens in one pocket and a large zoom in
> another pocket. But he also had an M6 hanging round his neck so I asked him
> what lens he had on it, it was really too dark to see. "Oh, it is one that
> takes the kinda  pictures I like". He's a friendly guy,  does not wear a
> watch, and he just did not know if it was a Summilux or a Summicron. I then
> saw it was a Summicron but I did not find it opportune to ask him if it was
> a seven or eight element version, or how many plastic parts were in his M6.
> I guess that was an experience that would have ruined the day for quite a
> few of you   :-)

Having just gotten back from the weekend LHSA Chicago meeting I just responded
privately to a friend that the first thing that comes to mind in the trip was
the image of the "Kit" of Nikons hanging alongside Leica's from a great slide
show about "kits" working systems used by some past greats, David Davis
Duncan(?) being the main example. Although these were Nikon F's for the most part.
It think will effect me strongly. I'm pulling out an FE2 to use with a 24 until
I get my Leica 24 next month.
Mark Rabiner