Subject: RE: [Leica] Mo' Bettah: The 35mm Summicron
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:03:25 -0000

Like many of my best friends, the 'lux
> ASPH has some prickly sides to its personality, but is
> well worth knowing! ;-)
>
> -Alexey

I'll go a longgggg step further - I would say, without hesitation or any
equivication what so ever, that if I was limited to a single lens, it would
be the 35 Summilux ASPH. It is as close to an ideal single lens as one can
find. It is spectacular wide open, and excellent stopped down. And the size,
as Alexey notes, is not an issue as long as you stay away from Titanium or
chrome.

B. D.