Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL Battery VS Meter Question
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:06:56 +0100

Mike,

Yes, the alkalines will produce inaccurate readings. What you can do is either buy
some of the mercury cells abroad (they are no longer manufactured within the
European Union but there are still dealer and distributor stocks); or you can buy
a special adapter that will allow you to use the alkalines. The web site escapes
me at the moment, but do a search on Cris and you will find it.

Nathan

Mmermag@aol.com wrote:

> Do the new alkaline replacement batteries produce inaccurate readings? I just
> replaced the battery on a nice L'flex SL and the readings are just over 1 f
> stop off from my Nikon. I am sure this is old hat.. so be kind to a newbie  :)
>
> Mike

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium