Subject: [Leica] Re: Leicaflex SL Battery VS Meter Question
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:00:54 -0400

Mike:

The alkalines not only give false readings, the voltage is less constant.
It falls off as the battery ages.

The SL can be adjusted to use the newer batteries (silver are better than
alkaline) or (better) you can order the proper mercury battieries on the web.

Ken Wilcox

At 01:54 PM 10/25/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Do the new alkaline replacement batteries produce inaccurate readings? I
just
>replaced the battery on a nice L'flex SL and the readings are just over 1 f
>stop off from my Nikon. I am sure this is old hat.. so be kind to a newbie
 :)

>Mike

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>