Subject: RE: [Leica] Screw Opinions!
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:20:13 +0100

Mike,
I used a model II for years, the slow speeds are unnecessary for street
photography and I could live without a 1/1000th.
I appreciate the sturdier lens flange of the IIIC onwards has advantages in
theory but not in practise.
I have experience of the 50/2 Russian and found that fine (I even have a
spare) but not the 50/3.5. I have a Leitz 50/3.5 Elmar and have been
disappointed with that, even though its below SN 600000.
With the Russian lenses it can be a case of hit and miss, with one 35/2.8 I
had, it was impossible to focus it at all!

Caveat Emptor

Jem