Subject: [Leica] Mceowen rules
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 09:19:57 +0000

Bob Mceowen: solid work, Bob. It's the kind of photography I personally
enjoy most, what I call "authentic photography," i.e. honest shots of
real life, no bullshit. Having to look at as much photography as I do, I
get really tired of the soggy old strategies people use to make pictures
interesting--pretty colors, "abstractions" (which aren't), designs,
dishonest little pictorial simulacra, generic scenes with all the
particularity sucked out, zooming in to exclude any sense of context,
etc., etc. My feeling is that the world is interesting--so show it.
Thanks for showing me some interesting characters from Missouri. Nice
stuff.

(Some of the shots did come up on my browser strangely elongated,
however, stretched left and right.)

- --Mike