Subject: Re:[Leica] Where can I buy a Minox camera to Helsinki or Berlin ?
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 23:35:00 -0700

>So, I decided to buy a Minox camera, a GTE or GTX.
>What are the differences about the GTE and GTX ?
>The best ?
>What are the best shops to Helsinki or Berlin, my next destinations, for buy
>it ?
>Have you advices about Minox ?

The Minox Processing Laboratory website, <http://www.minoxlab.com/>, has
a webstore with detailed information on the Minox 35GT-E and 35GT-S
(replaces the X, just a name change). Essentially, the two cameras are
identical except for the film speed setting. On the E, film speed is set
manually. ON the X or S, it's set with the film canister DX codes.

I prefer the E as it gives you an extra amount of flexibility in exposure
setting: you can bias the exposure anyway you want by adjusting the film
speed.

Can't tell you much about Helsinki or Berlin, but the Minox 35GT-E is a
fine little camera. Tiny, rugged, an excellent lens with very Leica-ish
bokeh, good light meter and a very nice 1/500 to 16 second shutter. Very
quiet in operation, very nice to use.

Godfrey