Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Opinions!
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 01:52:25 GMT

Mike, go for it!  If you can stand the small viewfinder window these cameras
are wonderful.  Stick an Elmar 3.5 on and you have the ideal pocket camera.
If you need more light go for the Summitar.

A IIIF was literally the first camera I ever used, and even now after owning
an array of more "modern" pieces I always revert back to that camera.

The design of these old cameras encourages more seat of the pants shooting,
and less metering and focusing and bla bla bla....Plus, with a great old
standby like Tri-X you wont see much difference between an old Elmar at f8
and a new Summicron.  The Elmar/Tri-x combo is a great one.

Looking back at the lifetime stack of shots I consider respectable I find an
inordinate amount came from that old IIIF, technology be damned.

Good luck and best wishes

Dan States