Subject: [Leica] Job
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:55:29 -0500

Hello Leicalist. I'm not subscribed, but I though some of you would like to
know. I have a job!!!

I am now photo editor for the Gemological Institute of America. That's in
Carlsbad, CA - which is about 30 miles north of San Diego. They offered me
more money than I was hoping for, so what could I do? I took the job. Most
of what I'll be doing is buying photos and working with design and layout
staff putting together their courses for gemologists, jewelers and artists.

One of our regular contributors is the former denizen of the LUG Fred Ward.
Guess he and I will be talking lighting and flash a lot more in the future. :-)

Anyway, as soon as I settle in, I'll resubscribe to the LUG. Looking
forward to it. I'll be in St. Joseph for another week, then I hit the road.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I think the best pictures are often on the edges of any situation, I don't
find photographing the situation nearly as interesting as photographing the
edges.

- -William Albert Allard, "The Photographic Essay"