Subject: [Leica] Q&A Time: Comments on the 250mm f/4 Telyt Wanted
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:31:20 -0400

Mike wrote:

Aside from the fact that this lens is heavy, has a tripod collar and is
reasonably affordable compared to APO Telyts which have more than replaced
it, what do you think in general about it's overall quality?  I have an
opportunity to obtain one for about $300 in mint condition for my SL.  Do I

hold or fold?!
<<<

Mike,

Is this the original version (Canada) with close focus limit of about 13
feet and non-rotating tripod socket?  If so the price is below market.  If
it's the later version (Germany) with rotating tripod collar and close
focus limit of 6 feet it's WAY below market.

I've just begun using the later version (mine's in user condition) and have
yet to form an impression of it's optical qualities aside from flare being
very well controlled.  I have no idea how good the old version is.

Doug Herr
Sacramento