Subject: [Leica] watches and Leicas?!
From: "KPETERS" <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:51:18 -0500

- ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01BF1BEC.E0D747A0

What a thread we've started?!  HOw about those Leica watches that I've =
seen on eBay??  ha!!!  dont' own a Rolex here, but I do have a nice =
collection of old Bulovas, etc that seem to work real well.  all =
mechanical and never a spot of worry about them.    I can own at least =
10 real gold watches from the 30s and 40s for the price of a used Rolex, =
have them restored, swap em at will with nary a loss of value, keep on =
using them and none of the TAG/Rollex guys even give a crap!  That's my =
life and I"m sticking to it!  ha!  A TAG on my wrist as I'm cruising on =
my Royal Enfield doesn't seem right! ha!  Each to his own. =20
    And about those swatches:  I have one I bought 15 years ago (in high =
school) that still has the original plastic band and has several =
coloured "crystal protectors"-- little pieces of rubber that fit over =
the crystal and protect from knocks.  Gave it to my daughter and have to =
only set the time when you change the battery.  It's dang accurate for =
junk!  Hoping to give my daughter a leica when here barbie 110 wears out =
too, but the dang thing keeps firing!!!!   Have even dropped it off her =
bike and ran it over once!  Dang that engineering!  Kent

- ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01BF1BEC.E0D747A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>What a thread we've started?!&nbsp; HOw about =
those=20
Leica watches that I've seen on eBay??&nbsp; ha!!!&nbsp; dont' own a =
Rolex here,=20
but I do have a nice collection of old Bulovas, etc that seem to work =
real=20
well.&nbsp; all mechanical and never a spot of worry about=20
them.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I can own at least 10 real gold watches from the =
30s and=20
40s for the price of a used Rolex, have them restored, swap em at will =
with nary=20
a loss of value, keep on using them and none of the TAG/Rollex guys even =
give a=20
crap!&nbsp; That's my life and I&quot;m sticking to it!&nbsp; ha!&nbsp; =
A TAG on=20
my wrist as I'm cruising on my Royal Enfield doesn't seem right! =
ha!&nbsp; Each=20
to his own.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; And about those =
swatches:&nbsp; I=20
have one I bought 15 years ago (in high school) that still has the =
original=20
plastic band and has several coloured &quot;crystal protectors&quot;-- =
little=20
pieces of rubber that fit over the crystal and protect from =
knocks.&nbsp; Gave=20
it to my daughter and have to only set the time when you change the=20
battery.&nbsp; It's dang accurate for junk!&nbsp; Hoping to give my =
daughter a=20
leica when here barbie 110 wears out too, but the dang thing keeps=20
firing!!!!&nbsp;&nbsp; Have even dropped it off her bike and ran it over =

once!&nbsp; Dang that engineering!&nbsp; Kent</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01BF1BEC.E0D747A0--