Subject: RE: [Leica] Suggestion for meter
From: Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:54:19 -0500

NO!

I don't doubt the fact there's probably a prototype out there or will be.
Does the shutter dial on the Voigtlander/Cosina/Bessa/whatever they call it,
rotate when tripped? There's enough rumors/confirmed rumors/speculation (and
that's not I'm calling yours!) out there to keep all of our heads spinning
for months. I have a IIIf. Assuming it makes it to the states & it's
relatively affordable, & not Selenium in nature, I'll probably get it. Until
then, the MR4 I use coupled with my M4 will work fine handheld with the
IIIf.

One thing's for sure, I have plenty of "M" bodies & lenses & my IIIf & Elmar
lens to do all the photography I need to do. If another manufacturer wants
to make accessories that will work with them & make life easier, more power
to 'em. I won't be in the market for their cameras. I'm willing, for the
most part, to pay a premium for the Leica name brand, but not Cosina. I
doubt very seriously any new rangefinder will be "budget priced" just
because of the limited market out there for them.

The prices I've seen on the new Konica model are way too high, in my
opinion, to ever be a mass market success over here. Too many lazy
photographers in the US. Most I know don't actually want to know how to do
it, they only want to know that it works, and only on auto! (and that's not
including anyone on this list, so calm down!) If they found out they
actually had to even know how to ATTACH a separate meter, they'd go to
something else.