Subject: Re: [Leica] Should Leica Follow IBM?
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:43:26 GMT

I wonder how many people would buy their first new leica without holding one
in their hot little hands?

Isn't the feel of the thing part of its charm?

It seems that to become a VOLUME producer a company would first have to
produce a VOLUME product at a VOLUME price.

Leica has little opportunity to play in that world, unless they give up on
the "made in Germany" stuff, which seems unlikely.

By the way Stephen, I have enjoyed your website immensely.

Dan