Subject: RE: [Leica] Thou insulteth Takumar, Sir?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:59:11 -0700

Michael,

You are mistaken about the first coated lens, Japanese made at least.  It
was found on Rokkor lens which first appeared on a Minolta Semi IIIA.  This
was the first time anti-reflective coatings were used on a Japanese lens.
I believe Zeiss lenses had coatings prior to that, with Dr, Smakula working
on coated lenses in Germany in 1935.

Peter K