Subject: RE: [Leica] M4 vs M6
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:24:36 -0700

Heavens, such was certainly not my intent!  As I said in another post, "de
gustibus non est disputandum"!

> Besides, to me, an ugly-but-functional item is far more
> lovely than some
> Yuppie-toy which doesn't work worth a damn.  (I have about
> 500,000 miles
> driving VW Beetles, guys.  Function beats from, every time.
> Minimalist rules.)

You're preaching to the choir here, Marc - I'm the guy who thinks Marshall's
M4's are prettier than Farah...

On VW's, obviously VW agrees with you.  My experience has soured me on
Beetles, though - I blew a brake cylinder seal on a '64 while driving in
traffic.  When I got the dashboard out of my lap I vowed to never drive
another one.  Kind of like getting an M6 with a bad pressure plate...

Paul Chefurka