Subject: Re: [Leica] chrome cleaning
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:00:01 +0200

From: Simon Pulman-Jones <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 19:05
Subject: [Leica] chrome cleaning

> I've often thought that cameras that I've seen on
> dealers shelves look as if something has been done
> to the chrome to bring it back to life.

Maybe they were carefully polished with paste wax.  From what I've heard and
seen of some buyers of Leica equipment, this would probably make a big
difference to them.

One Leica body that really impressed me was dangling from the arm of a
professional photographer.  It looked like it had fallen off a few buildings,
gone down with the Titanic, and been road-killed once or twice.  And yet the
lens was crystal-clear, and it still operated smoothly and silently, from what I
saw when he used it.  It's that kind of ruggedness and reliability that makes my
mouth water over a camera, and that's one of the reasons why I bought a Leica.
I don't really care whether the chrome shines or not.  But I guess there's no
accounting for taste.

  -- Anthony