Subject: Re: [Leica] More nattering from Johnston
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 20:09:55 EDT

Mike-I believe your intuition was right on.  After using an M-6, I got rid of
it and am very, very glad I did not part with my M-3's.

Someone asked about plastic parts in the M-6 cameras.  Maybe Leica Solms
would certify there are no plastic parts in the M-6 series cameras.  The film
counter sure looks plastic to me.

The poorly made pressure plates that scratched film are one prime example of
a digression in manufacturing of the Leica cameras.  It is likely there are
other sloppy manufacturing examples in the guts of the M-6 cameras but we
just cannot see them.  Would rely upon those who repair them for an opinion.

From reading the posts, it would appear Erwin has never observed a Leica he
did not like so there is always the question of impartiality to factor in to
his opinions.  Probably too close to Solms Leica to be able to be impartial.

Thought you had some very good comments.