Subject: [Leica] Jim Marshall's What?
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:13:50 +0000

>>>If you are concerned with quality of the finish of earlier Ms,  check
out
the photo of Jim Marshal's M4 pictured in the current American Photo.
It
looks like crap<<<

I'll bet Josef Koudelka's Leica looks even worse.

I'd say these are the best-looking Leicas, not the worst ones--because
they have been used for what Leicas are for. We should all be so lucky,
to have such crappy-looking Leicas. Jim Marshall is one of the great
Leica photographers. One of the absolute greats.

- --Mike