Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M: tactical reloads
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:04:33 -0700

Alexey Merz writes:

|I hold it between the middle and ring fingers of
|my weak hand - just like the full clip during a
|tactical pistol reload. Others hold the bottom plate
|in their mouth or put it in a shirt pocket.

|-Alexey

I have to start doing that.  I have been holding it between my ring and little
finger, but as arthritis begins, it might be more secure your way.  Thumb and
index finger to hold the cassette and push it in.  If I am using the M3, I
usually have the extra spool pre-loaded to the extra take up spool.  Pull out
the film, push the cassette and take up spool in at the same time, touch the
sprockets to make sure they are aligned, flip the back panel down and set the
baseplate.  If there is time, I start the next roll onto the extra take up
spool.  Presto.  Don't even have to think.

=Bill