Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Build Quality
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:36:35 +0200

From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 1999 10:25
Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Build Quality

> Now I know I will have this fixed in 10 minutes with
> a smile at Schmidt (local Leica agent) in the building
> next to my office but I do find it irritating all the
> same. My M6 from 1987 and my M6HM from June 1998 never had any
> rangefinder problems.

If you've had to have this adjusted more than once, either something very weird
is happening to your camera that is forcing it out of adjustment, or it is
defective.  Logically, then, you must either resign yourself to constant
readjustment of the rangefinder (until something finally breaks or wears out
completely) or replacement of the rangefinder and/or camera.  I'd expect the
vendor to replace the camera in such a situation, but I suppose Leica wouldn't
agree.

  -- Anthony