Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions about 19mm Elmarit R
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:20:41 +0300

Robert G. Stevens wrote:

> Pascal:
>
> Electronic focus will not help much for dim light because the sensors
> are less sensitive than your eyes unless they use an auxillary
> illuminator that projects a pattern on the subject which helps with
> focus.  I can focus my R8 where my EOS 1n will not if I am not using a
> flash with the EOS.

Indeed, the eye can focus a camera at lower EV than any AF camera. Also,
it seems that *focus confirmation* has the most incredible error margin,
rendering it useless in critical situations, whereas in non-critical
situations it's not needed anyway. In other words, there seems to be a
good reason why Leica is not in a rush with this feature.

Bernard