Subject: [Leica] Hexar filter matches Leitz-Minolta CL?
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@intouchsys.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:38:46 EDT

"A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au> wrote:
> Something good may be coming from this Konica Business.
>
> As I understand it, The Hexar 50mm f2 lens has a filter diameter of 40.5mm .
> This is the same as my (real) Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa with the Ultron
> lens.

If that's true, then that's extremely good news for me as well.  One of the
differences between the Leica CL and the Leitz-Minolta CL was that the
latter had a 40.5mm filter thread.  My rubber lens hood has cracked and the
prospect of paying a small fortune for an original replacment that would be
just as old as the one I have wasn't attractive.

If this is true, I may just be able to get a new Konica hood for my CL.

Thanks, Horst!

		--Jim Dempsey--
		jjd@jjd.com