Subject: Re: [Leica] The new Konica hexar RF; take a look
From: "Ken Iisaka" <kiisaka@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:21:33 -0700

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Shawn London <srlondon@yahoo.com>

> People in Japan have a long life expectancy?  As opposed to the people in
> other Western industrialized nations where people can afford to drop
$2,000
> on a camera without batting an eyelash?

I do recall that Japan still has the longest life expectancy in the world.
The expectancy for women is over 80, and almost 80 for men.

It is quite true that a staggering number of the Japanese population are
myopic.  Genetic traits has been suggested as the cause, but the combination
of complex Chinese characters, or Kanji in Japanese, televisions, and
crowded living quarters has been said to be a factor as well.

Because of this, M6HM was supposedly not all that popular in Japan.  It is
perhaps reflected in the price of user M6HM bodies in Tokyo, as opposed to
mint, collectible M6HMs.