Subject: Re: [Leica] Grow up....
From: "Bill Campbell" <billc@clark.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:27:10 -0400

I agree, this list is not at all what I thought it would be about (based on
it's charter) when I subscribed. Only about 25% of the traffic has anything
to do with Leica cameras, and at best only 50% has anything to do with
photography in general. It seems that there are a few egotistical
subscribers that have nothing better to do with the [lists] bandwidth than
get into abstract pissing matches with each other.

If I really wanted to wade through hundreds of posts about US vs. Canadian
relations, or an in depth analysis of weather the Dead Sea Scrolls qualified
as a digital or analog representation, do you really think I'd have
subscribed to the LUG?!?

I know this won't ingratiate me with this lists most's prolific posters, but
how in good conscious can you say this list is a "Leica Users Group" when
fully 75% of the posts don't have anything to do with Leica?

Would it be possible to have a vote and decide once and for all whether or
not we want to stay on topic?  Would it work to have a moderated Leica list,
and a non-moderated Leica list (this list!) for all other discussions? [and
I'm certainly not in favor of censorship, I just want the LUG to be about
the topic of its charter, Leicas!

Bill