Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica KM mount
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:45:45 -0400

Sounds like something the legal dept. has instructed them to say.  If the
rumor is true that Leitz is bent out of shape over a design
infringement.  I'm confused, though.  I thought that the M-mount patent has
expired.

CHandos

At 12:48 PM 10/14/1999 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi, all.  I asked the customer service of Konica about a compatibility issue.
>
><Q> Can I use Leica M lenses on Hexar RF and M-Hexanon lenses on Leica M
>bodies?
><A> Please use M-Hexanon lenses on Hexar RF.  The KM mount is our original.
>
>Now I am not sure if a Hexar RF is really Leica-M compatible.
>It seems that they try to avoid even mentioning the name "Leica".
>
>Cheers,
>

>Mikiro
>Strasbourg, Europe
>http://arbos.silva.net

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown