Subject: Re: [Leica] New Hexar RF
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:00:09 -0800

>Advantages over the M6:
>Shutter speeds visible in the VF; AE & AE with lock; DX coding (marginal
>plus);
>higher sync speed(marginal plus - just a little over 1 f-stop advantage);
>motor
>drive.
>
>Missed opportunities:
>No focus confirmation; No spot meter (would be great with the AE lock);
>
>Still unknown:
>Film loading system - fast advance to first frame? Rewind speed?
>
>Emanuel Lowi
>Montreal

as features go, the above items are as desirable to me as autofocus (i.e.
not at all); they are the very things i was more than happy to live without
in buying a leica rangefinder.

for me, the hexar and is a moot camera. had i wanted a rangefinder with the
features of an automatic camera, i would have bought a g2.

all of the recent discussion of the 'advantages' of the konica and cosina
cameras has made me appreciate all the more my m6 and iiif.

i'm happy with them the way they are.

guy