Subject: [Leica] Re: Question about using the Leica M to R adapter
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:07:59 -0700

Since the M camera is thinner than the R camera, an M lens adapter for an R
camera will not allow the lens to be focused at infinity, or even close to
infinity. If it's not sharp in the viewfinder, it's not going to be sharp
on the film. That's the beauty of an SLR. What you see is exactly what you
get. Especially with an M lens as it does not have an auto diaphragm.

Your M lens on an R camera can only be used for close photography. Set the
lens at infinity, look through the viewfinder, and move in close until you
get something in focus. This is your maximum focus distance.

Good luck,

Jim