Subject: RE: [Leica] The new Konica hexar RF; take a look
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:31:35 -0700

I can buy a new Leica M6 for $1700-1800 or a new Konica ( with lens?) for
$2200.    For an additional $500, with the Konica, I get  some very nice
modern features.  Is the lensmount a proprietary mount with 2 adaptors
available : M and LTM ?  I guess it makes no measurable difference,  Does it
offer the hope for Contax G adaptors as well?  ( the mind goes wild, as I
contemplate the Konica sporting a Hasselblad lens!   Maybe I should have
kept my old Olympia Sonnar in Contax RF mount!

Japanese marketing can be "interesting".... I am starting to think that this
may be a good deal for Leica..... especially if they can get the rights to
market the camera outside of Japan under their own name with a fixed M and a
fixed LTM mount.  Even if not, it will stimulate the purchase of Leica
glass, albeit the short term effect will be to lessen sales as users try out
the latest from Konica.

The name of the game for Leica is selling the worlds' best glass.  The deal
for us users is to use that glass to produce images.

Frank