Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica camera rumours
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:12:18 -0000

DR. BLACKTAPE WOULD ONLY ADD THAT ...The below is certainly true, but
consider one thing - if Apple dies tomorrow, the computers, which are by
definition obsolete as they are manufactured, fall more and more behind the
curve, the owner-base shrinks, little or no new software, etc. etc.....If
Leica dies tomorrow, our M6s, 4s, etc., will be the same efficient
mechanical rangefinders when our children are using them as they are now,
and the lenses will be just as sharp...which means there's less reason for
us to fixate on the future of a publicly held German company than there is
for the Apple corps to fixate on the future of Apple....