Subject: [Leica] Re: value for money
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:24:36 -0700

B.D. wrote:
"Is the M a terrific camera? Yes. Am I willing to pay what Leica charges?
Obviously I am, as I now have two M6s. But am I getting the value for my
money that someone purchasing an F5 is getting? I don't think so. The
M6 is
the much more expensive camera."

See what they are worth in 15 years. See whether you can get
replacement
parts for both. See whether you can get a 35/1.4 ASPH for the F5. (Yes
you can for the EOS, but not for the F5). See what the orthopedic surgeon
charges you after you carry an F5 everywhere for 10 years. ;-)

Value has a *huge* subjective component.

- -Alexey