Subject: RE: [Leica] How to support Leica?
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:10:06 -0700

> From: B. D. Colen [mailto:bdcolen@earthlink.net]
>
> I feel that because a camera like the F5  offers the
> photographer so many technological options, the F5 is a
> better value for the photographer who is going to avail
> him or herself of those options.

But isn't that a bit of a tautology, B. D.?  You seem to be saying that a
person places a higher value on those things he values more...

So if I value quietness, relative compactness and simplicity of operation,
then that makes the M a much better value to me than the F5.  Of course I'm
in the minority of consumers, because I'll actually pay more to get less -
less noise, less size, less weight, fewer buttons and dials, less crud in
the viewfinder, less stuff to think about when I should be watching my
subject.  To me that lack of stuff is what makes the M a better value.

But, this is really only rebeating the dead horse of personal value systems,
and I haven't seen him twitch in a while on this list :-)

Paul Chefurka