Subject: Re: [Leica] How to support Leica?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:58:05 -0700

Ken Iisaka wrote:
><Snip>
> Both are hediously expensive.
>
> Both do not offer the latest techno gizmo, but the ultimate in classic
> products.
>
> The list goes on.
>
> Ken Iisaka (who loves his two Steinway pianos and two Leica M cameras)

A Steinway cost 10 times what a good Yamaha cost and for Even wealthy people
requires some financing. A Leica M cost the same as other top cameras, the Canon
and Nikon.
It just sticks is the craw of people to get a hand built low tech camera without
the wiz bang of the High tech SLR's.
But in all other ways it is a remarkable analogy. An ongoing dream for me.
Mark Rabiner