Subject: Re: [Leica] R? was: How to manage a camera company?
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:03:03 +0300

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> [...]

Maybe not, but it can have a partner that can help it. look at Contax and
Kyocera.
And Contax *IS* a German name and the Carl Zeiss lenses *are* still manufactured
in Japan under strict supervision by zeiss.de

> > The M series has reached what it seems to be an end as
> > far as new developments go.
>
> What's wrong with that?  The current design works and has proven itself over
> many decades.  The fundamental principles of photography are not going to
> change, so why is any new development necessary?

I never said anything was wrong with that.

> > Now, the R series definately can use some help.
>
> I have Nikon SLRs, so the fate of the R series is not an issue for me.
>
>   -- Anthony

Anthony, I was refering to leica Slr's, not if it is an issue directly to you.
I also have many other SLR's, but I *think* that Leica SLR's can have a
productive future.
The fate of leica SLR's are important to others and could proove important to
Leica.

- --
Warm Regards,
Alexander