Subject: Re: [Leica] digital printing - scan negs or prints?
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 23:40:40 +0200

From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 1999 20:47

> It made my traditional copy slide which I Had thought
> was alright look like a picture of a picture. Anyone who
> had tried much copy work will know what I mean by that.

Absolutely.  Scans of prints look flat and lifeless.  Direct scans of film
actually begin to approach the image quality you see in projected slides, for
example, but scans of prints cannot come close.  There is just too much quality
that is squeezed out of the image when it passes through a print stage.

You can also save a fortune in time and money by scanning film directly.

  -- Anthony