Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HEXAR RF/M7
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 07:35:54 -0700

I see little reason to belittle Nikon SLRs or Contax Gs.
They are, like Leica Ms and Leica Rs, fine tools for making photographs.

The Hexar-M, or whatever they choose to call it, sounds like it will be a
fine camera. I hope that Konica does not do what Minolta did with the
CLE: release a fine camera, sell it at a high price for several years,
than abandon it completely. I don't know what Konica's track record for
supporting their products has been like.

To me, that's been the strength of Leica over these many years: robust
and reliable cameras, built to a high quality standard, with superb
lenses. And lots of support by the dealers and service organization.

Of course, with Leica's finances in such awful shape, Leica might abandon
us all anyway.

Godfrey