Subject: [Leica] This is our Work - Ted Grant's book [M and R]
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 11:28:49 -0400

My copy just arrived as well, as a physician and leica fan (and sometimes
user :-) I have to say that I was struck by Ted's work from several
directions. First and foremost the quality of the images is terrific from an
artistic, technical and journalistic standpoint. When one considers the
especially difficult lighting conditions that these were obtained under (low
light and high contrast) this work stands as a model of available light
photography. This is Leica photography.

Many of the photographs give an almost abstract quality to images I see on a
daily basis, others are bitingly realistic. I photograph in the O.R. for
teaching, academic and documentary purposes. This book inspires me to spend
a few moments on the artistic side of these images as well!

Ted, I am sending a check for two more copies, I can't think of a finer
gift.

Jonathan Borden