Subject: Re: [Leica] noct performance beats F5 and F2.8 zoom
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 23:05:55 -0300

Mike:

The depth of field is actually quite good at that far away.  If you look at
the slide closely, I had actually focused on the web of the net.  You can
notice that his arm in the air is sharp around the elbow, but his hand is
out of focus.  The player in the middle is out of focus as well.  I just
got lucky with the important elements being in focus.

You could picture it with me on the floor at the right third of the
picture.  Then take a string and stretch it from my lens to the net.  If
you then swung that string around, pivoting from my lens, anything that was
the same distance as the net will be in focus, for example, the shoulder of
the big guy on the right.

Regards,

Robert