Subject: Re: [Leica] M's and R's
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 01:27:56 GMT

On Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:55:31 -0700, Mark Rabiner
<mrabiner@concentric.net> wrote:

>Paul Chefurka wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how the 180 APO Elmarit performs on tubes?  If it
>> does as well (relatively speaking) as the Nikkor 180, this would be
>> one option to the long macro problem.  Might even tempt me to dump my
>> F3 eventually - I love the look and feel of that 180 Apo Elmarit!
>>
>> Paul Chefurka
>
>It seems unlikely that it would be flat field like a macro is designed for!
>Mark Rabiner

Fair enough, but for shooting cute little itty bitty things instead of
newsprint, that might not be so much of a concern.  I'd want a 50
macro to be flat-field, bit I'm not sure how important that is for the
stuff people usually shoot with a 200, like flowers, bugs, budgies,
infected tonsils, girlfriend's eyelashes, etc.

Paul Chefurka