Subject: RE: [Leica] digital printing
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:12:51 -0000

Chandos - I'm certainly not Tina, nor in her league...but...A couple of
thoughts/comments regarding your questions:

1. Most people today wouldn't know a silver print from Silverado. Black and
white is something they only see on the inside pages of newspapers or in
other crummy forms of reproduction. Thus anything that is quality black and
white is new and exciting to them.

2. I am finding that while I generally prefer the more photographic look of
prints produced on Epson Photo paper or the equivalent on my Epson 750, the
people I am trying to sell to are more taken by the softer look of prints on
140 lbs water color papers. It is a different look. It is, in effect, a
different art form. And I've noticed, by the way, that at some shows now I'm
starting to see photographers printing digitally and on different stocks,
making note of that on the descriptive card beneath their works.

Cheers - B. D.

http://www.a-day-in-our-life.com

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown