Subject: re: [Leica] Buying film locally
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 01:12:24 -0700

>"Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com> wrote:
>
>>I've never understood this reluctance to buy film locally... Here in
>>Paris you can get any kind of film you want.

Presuming you know where to go to buy it, and are willing to pay the
price. Film bought in bulk in the US costs about 1/3 what film in Paris
costs. I usually estimate about what I'm going to need for a trip, double
that, and carry it.

On a 3 week trip I usually shoot between 10 and 20 rolls of film. It's
easy to carry 30 rolls of film in a protective bag, saving a great deal
of money along the way.

Godfrey