Subject: Re: [Leica] Travel Photography Made Easy
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 20:29:36 +0300

William Ferris wrote:

> What equipment to take is always debatable, but the ATM advice is
> tops.  I travel a lot, everywhere and never get cash any way other
> than with an ATM card.  Those machines are everywhere---no lines to
> stand in, no fees to pay and the best rate you can get.

Don't be too frivolous with that card here in Russia, though. There is a
distinct possibility that your codes will be transferred (from the
machine) to some faraway place, where your personal info will be applied
to a new piece of plastic, and you account will be alleviated of as much
painful burden as possible. This is not nice when you are traveling, I
would dare suggest.

Bernard