Subject: [Leica] LUG relevancy and new R LUG
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 10:14:54 -0500

Just wanted to voice my delight with the past few days of interesting and informative
reading on aqll kinds of photographic matters. No half-baked soci-political diatribe
to speak of.
I, for one, would like to think that the folks at Solms, Leica USA, Kindermann-Leica
etc. also read the LUG and, perhaps, look to us as a fairly good sample of their
customer base. Our comments on their existing products and our wishes for future
developments may help inspire or influence the company towards doing what we may also
find useful or attractive. Lord knows there are really few forums other than the LUG
which give us a chance to air our views in their direction. We devalue our potential
contribution to this dialogue by attacking each other like madmen, ranting about
things light-years from Barnack's invention and its successors. Aside from basic
human etiquette, this is a compelling reason for continuing to exercise a little
restraint here.
On a slightly related topic, I'm a little sorry to learn of a soon-to-be separate R
LUG. Although I've never really used an R camera, and may never buy one, I'm always
interested to learn more about what's going on in that line. If you R users split off
I believe we will all become the poorer. The thought of subscribing to a second twice
daily missive is really not very appealing.

Emanuel Lowi
Photojournalist
Montreal