From: "Mike Quinn" <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 22:22:25 -0700

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I am also starting a list for people who hold the camera shutter down when
> making a vertical shot. We are in a minority and find we can't relate with
these
> people who somehow feel comfortable with their cameras dangling upside down
from
> their hand.(What if a wind came by?!) I will keep this LUG list daily informed
> as to the development and will be contacting Brian who I'm sure is a Saint.
> Please start sending in scans of your vertical camera grip technique as we
will
> post them all on the web site, no shutter ups allowed. It will include shutter
> down FAQs, Vertical photographers links, charts. I have found the tone of all
> this shutterupmanships intolerable. Please leave this site and join mine. I'm
> real nice guy.
> Warmest Regards
> Your Pal
> Mark

...In awe of "this clown's" (couldn't resist that) depth of insight....

Yes!

We can also exclude anyone who actually likes those nasty little focusing
tabs that lock the lens at infinity whenever you're foolish enough to turn
the focusing ring too far!

UH, I know that would probably also exclude you, Mark, but hey, you can't be
too careful about doctrinal purity these days...

- -MIke :)