Subject: RE: [Leica] Epson paper/ink question
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:35:44 -0000

> I've been printing B&W on Arches cold-press w/ varying
> success.  I find a
> fair amount of blocking up in the shadows, though I love the
> effect--rather
> like an old gravure print.

Chandos - When I started shopping around for water color paper to do B&W
printing on, I was strongly advised by art store folks to go with hot press,
rather than cold press. They claimed there would be less absorption,
running, etc. There is still some of the blocking in the shadows that comes
from laying down nothing but black ink, but give it a try...