Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V12 #41
From: "RP Johnson" <rpjohnson2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:30:44 -0700

Anthony & Eric,

In both cases, there was a TV cameraman in close proximity to Adams and Uts.
So occasionally the video is shown and as a result, people have the
impression that the still photo just one frame from the TV footage.  In
fact, for the napalm sequence, I have seen the video footage morph into the
still.

> > First Eddie Adams' photos and now Nick UTs!
>
> Has the same thing been said of Eddie Adams' photos?
>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Holding an M6 vertically
>
> > Once you have the Abrahamsson Rapidwinder it becomes
> > a moot point.
>
> What does this Rapidwinder device do?

It advances the film and cocks the shutter, just as the regular film advance
lever does.  It is on the bottom of the camera and, in practice, allows
faster shooting than is possible with the regular film advance.  Sort of a
"nonmotorized" motordrive.

Hans Pahlen's site has some discussion (including a picture of his daughter
using an M2 with one) and also a link to Tom's site.  Here are the links:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5799/leica.htm  (Hans' site)

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5799/rapidw.htm  (Tom's site)

The "which side up" for vertical shooting question gets debated for all
cameras, not just Leica.  There are pros and cons for each method, but
something like Tom's rapidwinder or the accessory for the F5 can tip the
decision one way.

rp johnson