Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Leica Bag
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:19:58 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/99 8:03:07 AM, rob.mueller@eds.com writes:

>Tell us a little about the 803.

The 803 satchel is narrow, front to back -- think of a typical laptop
computer bag or soft-sided attache, only smaller. It has one square padded
compartment (similar to one-fourth of the F2 insert) which can be positioned
anywhere along the bag's interior --giving you either two or three
compartments depending on where  you put it. There are also two flap-covered
pockets (similar to the "front" pockets on an F2) along the long "front"
side. These are suitable for a flash, meter or whatever. I carry 11 rolls of
film in one of those metal 100-foot bulk roll cans and this fits perfectly in
this pocket (gee, I wonder why?).

I've just begun using my 803 with my Leica (seeing as how I just got my
Leica) but with the Nikon I typically carry: FE2 body with 24mm attached,
105/85mm lens and a 180mm in the inside with a flash and the film can on the
outside.

I would think that the 803 would hold two Leica M bodies -- each with lens --
and one or two other lenses depending on whether you were willing to stack
them or subdivide the third (somewhat larger) space. Plus you could carry
film or whatever in the outside pockets.

OH, it also has a full length back pocket (like an F2) that will hold a
couple of magazines and the like. THere are also two small zippered
compartments in the lid. Like all Domke bags, it has the hook closure and the
nice web strap.

Bob (I should get a commission from Domke) McEowen