Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Bag
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:51:18 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/99 11:16:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rlbunting@ameritech.net writes:

<< I'm sure this has been hashed over many times, but.. I have a Domke F5XB
 bag that is 'almost' perfect for when I travel. I really like the
 one-pocket width because it hangs close to my body in crowded places. It
 is three pockets long and hold my M6 with 35mm ASPH, 50mm, a few rolls
 of film and a Bogen table top pod slipped in the edges. I'd like to find
 a bag of similar dimensions but one pocket longer and with a back slip
 pocket for maps, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions.

 Regards,

 Roger
 rlbunting@ameritech.net

I use the F5XB, which I've partitioned into 4 cubicles using dividers from a
Lowepro photo backpack.  The 2 end cubicles are narrow to accept M6 bodies
(upright vertically with straps wrapped around them) and the 2 wider inside
cubicles take 2 lenses each, joined back-to-back with Leica couplers.  I wear
the shoulder strap crosswise and also use the Domke belt, which takes the
weight off and keeps the bag from swinging around.  It also provides
additional security and lets me string on a couple of small velcro-closure
cordura pouches made for shotgun shells that I bought in a gun shop.  They
hold film and a Sunpak 383 Super flash.  Sometimes I wear a photo vest, or a
sportcoat with ample pockets.    The Domke F6 that someone suggested is also
a great bag except for what I consider two major disadvantages: 1) you can't
attach a waistbelt, and 2) The top doesn't zip shut so it's open to dust and
pickpockets' fingers, and small things can fall out if the bag gets upended.

DT