Subject: [Leica] User question: focus tab on 50
From: Rob Schneider-Laura Tully <robslaurat@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 09:59:41 -0400

> Anybody got user questions?
>
> Eric Welch
> St. Joseph, MO

Sure, I've got one:

A few days ago someone asked if anyone had ever installed a
focusing tab on a current 50mm Summicron-M.  I never saw an
answer, so I'll ask the question again:

Has anyone ever installed a focusing tab on the current
(collapsible lens shade) 50mm Summicron-M?  The previous design
(Canada!) had a tab, and I would assume that the focusing ring
for the two lenses would be identical, since they are optically
the same lens (plus they both seem to have the same, short,
snappy, near-far focus throw).

Rob Schneider