Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V12 #35
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 22:34:42 -0500

At 04:08 AM 10/4/99 +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
>Any examples?  Were all those professionals I saw this evening simply
>misguided?

Anthony,

Sometimes speed is more important than quality. They are not in a situation
to yield high quality pictures anyway. Stage lighting, with other
photographers flashing away. And with agencies screaming to get those
pictures to them so they can sell them before the other photographer's
agencies can sell. Do the pro labs to one hour? Here my usual pro lab does
C-41 in two days!!!

Of course, with pro labs charging $33 a roll to process, I can see why some
would choose a less expensive form when the photos will probably run in
many magazines as one or two column pictures.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Time is just one darn thing after another. - Anonymous