Subject: Re: [Leica]Now Focomat Ic Question (was has the lug a future?)
From: Don McClure <mcclure1@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 20:18:54 -0400

>I think that is overstating it, Erwin. We are sitting around waiting for
>some Leica questions to jump on, just to get away from this other junk. At
>least I am!
>
>Anybody got user questions?
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
>Backups? We doan *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

I posted this last week during all that nonesense and got no replies.
Lets try again...

Anyway, just today, a friend gave me a Focomat Ic. It's an early one that
has been sitting around in a garage for a long time, the wiring is all
dry rotted, the condenser and negative carrier are gone ("Oh, they are
around here somewhere. I'll keep an eye out for them") and the lens is a
little hazy. The rest of it seems to be there, in good, if dirty,
condition.

Here are my questions:

Is the lens worth having cleaned? It is a Focotar 5cm f4.5. I could use
it with my Omega B8 (or can I?), if I can't salvage the Focomat.
Somewhere
on the web I read that this lens was actually made by Schneider. Any
comments?

How easily available are the condensers, negative carriers and other
accessories? Would buying this stuff separately cost more then the
enlarger is worth? Any suggestion of sources? I like this enlarger. It is
built like a tank. Funny, I do believe I saw a  condenser at a flea
market in Reading, PA a few weeks ago.

TIA,

Don McClure
Abingdon, MD